Preview By Appointment Only. If you would like additional information, photos, or detailed condition report, please contact us by phone or email.
2556 7th Ave E
North St. Paul, MN55109
Terms & Conditions
1. Bidding on any lot automatically constitutes agreement and acceptance of the terms and conditions.
2. Items offered are part of a webcast-online auction at Luther Auctions gallery. Items are offered in numerical order. Live Auctioneers time remaining calculations are not accurate. Please do not rely on these times for bidding.
Absentee bids left on Live Auctioneers ARE NOT the same as absentee bids left with the auction house directly. They are executed from a proxy computer terminal in the room against other Internet bidders. Other competitive bids include other internet bidders on other platforms, phone bidders and absentee bids left with Luther Auctions directly.
Live Auctioneers does not provide the ability for auction houses to incorporate absentee bids from Live Auctioneers with absentee bids left directly with the auction staff. Thus tie bids may occur between Live Auctioneers absentee bidders and other bidders.
In the event of a tie bid, the auctioneer has sole discretion to award the lot to the high bidder of his or her choosing- most often the floor bidder.
3. Some of the lots in this sale may be offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Luther Auctions, below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. The auctioneer will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event, and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
4. Except as provided in paragraph 3 above, the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot or re-offer the lot for sale.
5. All items are sold as/is, where/is. It is our intention to call out any defects that we know about. We see hundreds of items per auction and therefore can only give a broad opinion of each item. It is the bidders responsibility to determine the condition of the item. You are the sole judge of what any item is worth and you must decide what you are willing to pay for it. We disclaim any responsibility for any opinions on the value of any item whether expressed by the auctioneers or others. All sales are Final.
6. Our auction catalog is for the purpose of identifying the merchandise only. Although obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in this catalog. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to the sale. Condition statements are not provided on every lot. Missing condition statements do not mean the item is perfect. All items are sold as/is. You may call 651-770-6175 for requests on condition of a particular item at least three hours prior to auction start or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least four hours prior to auction start. Please make requests as soon as possible. These verbal statements are an opinion only and are not guaranteed. Luther Auctions will have no responsibility for any error or omission.
7. Neither Luther Auctions nor the consignor make any guarantees, warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to the property or the correctness of catalog or other description of the authenticity of authorship, attribution, culture, source, origin, period, size, quality, condition, rarity, provenance, importance, value, medium, age, genuineness, signature, inscription, or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation. Luther Auctions does not guarantee the authenticity of any signatures.
8. Jewelry is guaranteed to be as cataloged except as follows:
Colored stones are not guaranteed.
Measurements are approximate and are guaranteed to within 20%.
Any stone gradings and conditions are not guaranteed.
All weights are for the entire piece including all stones and workings.
All watches are sold as/is.
Luther Auctions does not guarantee any information contained in outside appraisals.
Items marked as tested gold are not marked but have been tested for gold content.
If an item must be returned because it is not as cataloged (i.e.. gold content, diamond, etc) Luther Auctions must be notified within 5 business of the auction date. After that all sales are final. No returns can be made on any piece that has been altered.
9. Payment must be completed within 6 business days of sale. Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmericanExpress, wire transfer, or cash (in house). All items must be paid in full and removed from the building within ten days following the auction. No merchandise may be removed until paid for. Title passes to the buyer when the auctioneer says "sold". The items are stored AT YOUR RISK. Luther Auctions shall have no liability for any theft, loss or damage to property left on the premises. Items not picked up within 15 days may be charged a storage fee at the auctioneers discretion.
Should you choose to pay via LiveAuctioneers Payments, a 3% processing fee will be charged to the buyer.
International Payments must be made via direct wire transfer.
Purchases of jewelry & precious metals may also require a wire transfer at auctioneer's discretion.
10. Luther Auctions DOES NOT provide in-house packing and shipping services. We recommend The UPS Store #3798 to assist you in packing and shipping of 'small packages'. Shipping Requirements: 1) The UPS Store ships via UPS. 2) We require that the shipping address match the registered billing address of the credit card used for payment. If buyer needs item shipped to an alternate address, then payment must be made by wire transfer. 3) All shipments must be fully insured/ declared at their full purchase price. 4) Recipient must have a working phone number and email. 5) Recipient is responsible for any/all packing costs, shipping costs, duties, taxes, fees, etc. 6) International shipments are a case by case basis and must be pre-approved by Luther Auctions and The UPS Store. International payments must be made via wire transfer. 7) Shipping of larger items and furniture will need to be arranged by the buyer with another third party shipper. 8) We require a signed authorization form indicating your name, sale date, lot number and choice of carrier, before releasing your item to a third party. 9) The UPS Store does not offer pack-only services and does not accept third party labels. Please call (651) 770-6175 for more information.
The UPS Store #3798
1161 Wayzata Blvd E
Wayzata, MN 55391
If you wish to pick up your items at our North St Paul office, curbside pickup is available during normal business hours: Mon-Fri 9a-5p. Please call ahead of time to make payment arrangements and schedule a curbside pickup appointment.
11. In no event shall Luther Auctions be liable to any purchaser for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
12. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any and all bids, as well as the right to refuse to acknowledge any bidder. Under no circumstances are the consignors or the consignors agents or persons acting on behalf of the consignors permitted to bid at the auction on their consigned property. The auction company reserves the right to withdraw, combine or divide any lot prior to the commencement of bidding.
13. A 25% buyer's premium will apply on all purchases made via Live Auctioneers.
14. Although in our discretion, we will execute absentee bids or accept telephone or Live Auctioneers bids, we are not responsible for failing to execute such bids or for any errors or omissions in connection with these bids.
15. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including its obligation to pay in full the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest successful bidder, Luther Auctions may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law including, without limitation, (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL BIDDERS TO PARTICIPATE DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR GALLERY TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL CONFUSION.
Your bid is a contract. Place a bid only if you are serious about buying the item. If you are the successful and winning bidder, you have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the property bid on from the seller. You should contact Luther Auctions to resolve any questions prior to bidding. If you have any questions or need clarification about these terms & conditions, please call 651-770-6175 or see www.lutherauctions.com.
ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS. All condition requests should be obtained by calling 651-770-6175. We will respond to your request as soon as we are able. Condition requests sent to us via email may be responded to by adding information or photographs to the lot listing where appropriate. Please allow ample time for your request to be processed. THE ABSENCE OF A CONDITION STATEMENT DOES NOT IMPLY THAT THE LOT IS IN PERFECT CONDITION. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS. Condition requests can be obtained by telephone at 651-770-6175 no later than 3 hours prior to sale or you may e-mail request to email@example.com no later than 4 hours prior to sale. Please call or e-mail all requests as early as possible. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Luther Auctions shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.